About NRG Inc.
Northern Research Group (NRG Inc.) is a 100% Aboriginal-owned consultancy based out of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan with staff and associates in Saskatoon, Regina, and Prince Albert. NRG Inc. is affiliated with a wide range of professionals from diverse backgrounds who have expertise in conducting large scale projects, obtaining information and knowhow in order to provide excellent consulting services tailored to the needs of Aboriginal people in Saskatchewan. Our partners and associates have extensive experience in the development of financial projections, forecasts, traditional knowledge collection, Aboriginal land use studies, cultural impact assessment and individual models utilizing a variety of econometric, statistical, and analytical techniques.
Incorporated in 2010, NRG Inc. provides a wide array of services to federal and provincial government entities, industry, and First Nations and Métis clients. A brief list of our clients includes: Métis-Nation Saskatchewan Eastern Region II, The Clarence Campeau Development Fund (CCDF), Métis-Nation Saskatchewan Western Region II, SaskPower, Environment Canada, Northern Village of Pinehouse, Pinehouse Business North, Prince Albert Métis Women’s Association and Kineepik Métis Local.
Meet the Team
The Metis Community Capacity Strategy (MCCS)
The Metis Community Capacity Strategy is a five-year pilot project that works with nine Saskatchewan Metis communities to identify business opportunities and build capacity to ensure that the communities are able to capitalize on those opportunities and begin generating wealth from within.
In January 2017, the Clarence Campeau Development Fund (CCDF) partnered with NRG Inc. to carry out the Metis Community Capacity Strategy (MCCS). NRG Inc. is the lead consultant of the five-year pilot project. The business consulting services NRG Inc. will be offering are:
- Marketing Package Development
- Corporate Code of Conduct Development
- Development of Financial Management Standards
- Development of Internal Accounting and Investment Procedures
- Analysis of Opportunities Through Feasibility Studies and Business Plans
- Website and Social Media Development
- Strategic Plan Development and Business Governance Training
- Development and Communication of Annual Budgets
NRG’s past projects include a large list of strategic plans, feasibility studies, financial forecasts, and market studies. Some past projects that NRG Inc. has been involved include:
- Beauval Office Complex and Community Hall – Business Plan
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Socioeconomic Impact Assessment Study
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Métis Procurement Study
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Métis Community Business Capacity Assessment Study
- Davin Lake Lodge & Wathaman Outpost – Business Plan
- Île-à-la-Crosse Fish Company Inc. – Marketing and Distribution Strategy
- Vermette’s Trucking and Wood Preservers Ltd. – Pro-forma Financial Projections
- North Country Massage & Medi Spa – Relocation & Expansion Financial Projections
- North Country Massage & Medi Spa – Marketing Plan & Website Analysis
- The Northwest Wild Rice Producers Cooperative Processing Plant – Pre-feasibility Analysis
- Pinehouse Business North (PBN) L.P. – Financial Projections
- Aftercare Projects