About NRG Inc.
Northern Research Group (NRG Inc.) is a 100% Métis-owned business consultancy based out of Saskatchewan with staff and associates in Saskatoon and Prince Albert. We are affiliated with a wide range of professionals from diverse backgrounds who have expertise in conducting large scale projects, obtaining information and knowhow in order to provide excellent consulting services tailored to the needs of our clients. Our partners and associates have extensive experience in the development of business plans, strategic plans, financial projections, feasibility analyses, forecasts, diversification plans, governance training sessions, marketing and distribution plans, risk analyses. We utilize a variety of econometric, statistical, and analytical techniques to provide professional and research-based consulting products and services.
Since our inception in 2010, NRG has worked with dozens of Métis and First Nations communities and hundreds of individual entrepreneurs throughout the province. From this diverse client base, we have gained a specialized understanding of how to best serve each individual or community within this environment.
As a Métis owned and operated company, we at NRG Inc. understand the unique challenges faced by Indigenous communities. Although challenges exist, we see an opportunity to improve upon the socio-economic condition of Métis, First Nations, and Inuit people. In today’s society, it has become essential to provide these groups with more than just consulting advice and products, but rather a roadmap for success by improving their overall financial and human capacity through organizational training and governance.
Meet the Team
SMEDCO Community COVID Business Fund
We have partnered with SaskMétis Economic Development Corp. (SMEDCO) to deliver consulting services to Métis communities whose business activities and economic growth have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. The aim of the program is to provide economic recovery support to Metis community-owned businesses and fill any support gaps that were not addressed by other COVID-19 business relief programs. The consulting services delivered through SMEDCO’s Community COVID Business Fund focus on three primary areas: Assessment, Advisory, and Recovery.
NRG’s past projects include a large list of strategic plans, feasibility studies, financial forecasts, and market studies. Some past projects that NRG Inc. has been involved include:
- Métis Nation-Saskatchewan – Human Health Pandemic Emergency Response Plan
- Métis Nation-Saskatchewan – COVID-19 Program Response Evaluation
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund’s Métis Community Capacity Strategy – Province-wide Business Consulting, Advisory, and Training Services such as:
- Facilitating Strategic Planning Sessions
- Providing Financial Statement Analysis and Governance Training
- Conducting Feasibility and Market Analyses
- Developing Business Plans, Annual Budgets, and Strategic Plans
- Creating Financial Management, Accounting, and Investment Policies and Procedures
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Socioeconomic Impact Assessment Study
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Métis Procurement Study
- COVID-19 Business Continuity and Adaption Consulting
- Beauval Office Complex and Community Hall – Business Plan
- Davin Lake Lodge & Wathaman Outpost – Business Plan
- North Country Massage & Medi Spa – Relocation & Expansion Financial Projections, Marketing Plan, and Website Analysis
- The Northwest Wild Rice Producers Cooperative Processing Plant – Pre-feasibility Analysis
- Recovery Lake Addictions Treatment Facility – Pre-feasibility Analysis
- Gabriel Dumont Institute – Business Planning for Entrepreneurs Course
- Île-à-la-Crosse Fish Company Inc. – Marketing and Distribution Strategy
- Proposal Development