About NRG Inc.
Northern Research Group (NRG Inc.) is a 100% Métis-owned business consultancy based out of Saskatchewan with staff and associates in Saskatoon and Prince Albert. We are affiliated with a wide range of professionals from diverse backgrounds who have expertise in conducting large scale projects, obtaining information and knowhow in order to provide excellent consulting services tailored to the needs of our clients. Our partners and associates have extensive experience in the development of business plans, strategic plans, financial projections, feasibility analyses, forecasts, diversification plans, governance training sessions, marketing and distribution plans, risk analyses. We utilize a variety of econometric, statistical, and analytical techniques to provide professional and research-based consulting products and services.
Since our inception in 2010, NRG has worked with dozens of Métis and First Nations communities and hundreds of individual entrepreneurs throughout the province. From this diverse client base, we have gained a specialized understanding of how to best serve each individual or community within this environment.
As a Métis owned and operated company, we at NRG Inc. understand the unique challenges faced by Indigenous communities. Although challenges exist, we see an opportunity to improve upon the socio-economic condition of Métis, First Nations, and Inuit people. In today’s society, it has become essential to provide these groups with more than just consulting advice and products, but rather a roadmap for success by improving their overall financial and human capacity through organizational training and governance.
Meet the Team
The Metis Community Capacity Strategy (MCCS)
The Metis Community Capacity Strategy is a five-year pilot project that works with nine Saskatchewan Metis communities to identify business opportunities and build capacity to ensure that the communities are able to capitalize on those opportunities and begin generating wealth from within.
In January 2017, the Clarence Campeau Development Fund (CCDF) partnered with NRG Inc. to carry out the Metis Community Capacity Strategy (MCCS). NRG Inc. is the lead consultant of the five-year pilot project. The business consulting services NRG Inc. will be offering are:
- Marketing Package Development
- Corporate Code of Conduct Development
- Development of Financial Management Standards
- Development of Internal Accounting and Investment Procedures
- Analysis of Opportunities Through Feasibility Studies and Business Plans
- Website and Social Media Development
- Strategic Plan Development and Business Governance Training
- Development and Communication of Annual Budgets
NRG’s past projects include a large list of strategic plans, feasibility studies, financial forecasts, and market studies. Some past projects that NRG Inc. has been involved include:
- Beauval Office Complex and Community Hall – Business Plan
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Socioeconomic Impact Assessment Study
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Métis Procurement Study
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund – Métis Community Business Capacity Assessment Study
- Davin Lake Lodge & Wathaman Outpost – Business Plan
- Île-à-la-Crosse Fish Company Inc. – Marketing and Distribution Strategy
- Vermette’s Trucking and Wood Preservers Ltd. – Pro-forma Financial Projections
- North Country Massage & Medi Spa – Relocation & Expansion Financial Projections
- North Country Massage & Medi Spa – Marketing Plan & Website Analysis
- The Northwest Wild Rice Producers Cooperative Processing Plant – Pre-feasibility Analysis
- Pinehouse Business North (PBN) L.P. – Financial Projections
- Aftercare Projects